Mombasa offers a wonderful blend of Indian, Arabian and African influences.
Sun, sand and sea define Mombasa as a top coastal tourist destination of choice. Mombasa lies on the Eastern coastline of the Indian Ocean. The city is famed for its vibrant Swahili culture, good economy hotels, delicious exotic sea foods and idyllic beaches. It serves as the gateway port to East African countries of Uganda, Southern Sudan and Rwanda thus it is an important economic hub. It is served by Moi International Airport that ensures ease in local and international travel. Mombasa town prides itself in a whole range of social activities that you may choose to do including a beach tour, scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, visiting archaeological sites and historic monuments.
The Healthcare Experience
The Coast Provincial General Hospital; A teaching and referral hospital and the 2nd largest hospital in Kenya with 700 beds capacity; provide a unique opportunity for extensive hands on experience for students in clinical years and an intensive shadowing experience for pre-health students under mentorship of local professional healthcare staff. We also give you the choice of experiencing a private hospital setting through our partnership with private hospitals.
- The sun and sandy beaches of the East African coast
- Get up close and personal with the anmials at Haller Park in Bamburi
- Visit key historical sites in the city such as the Fort Jesus
- Take city tours to experience the Swahili culture, visit curio shops and enjoy the Swahili cuisine
- Scuba diving and Snorkeling
- Go on weekend excursions to Diani Beach and Malindi